Membership subs are due now for 2017 beginners
Wellington Batucada relies on membership fees to cover many of our ongoing costs such as instrument purchases and rehearsal hall hire costs – your annual $35 membership fee is what keeps us going.
Membership benefits include:
- The use of the Wellington Batucada practice venue
- The use of Wellington Batucada owned instruments
- Receiving the weekly Wellington Batucada BATMAIL
- Getting your hands on the Batucada patterns PDF so you can practice at home
- Ongoing access to the members-only section of the website
And, you need to be a member of Wellington Batucada to:
- Attend rehearsals
- Perform at gigs once you’ve been signed-off
- Attend the AGM
- Vote on Wellington Batucada matters and for the committee
Please complete the form and and pay your fees as soon as you can.
Note: If you have just joined in the recent beginners uptake, your payment will roll-over till next September.
FROM YOUR COMMITTEE
Wellington Batucada is in search of an Instrument Coordinator.
This volunteer position is responsible for awareness of instrument inventory for the bateria, possible coordination of maintenance of equipment, placing of orders for more equipment when necessary, and being available at Thistle Hall for instrument pickup prior to gigs.
Earn the respect and admiration of your Batucada colleagues! Become the Instrument Coordinator now!
ALSO FROM YOUR COMMITTEE
At the 2009 AGM $5000 was budgeted to be spent on Wellington Batucada Special Projects.
A Special Project must have the potential to benefit Wellington Batucada as a whole, not just a minority of its members.
Any member can propose a special project. The committee will decide if a project should go ahead and can stipulate how funds are released from the committee. This may be based on certain deliverables being achieved. The committee should approve projects in a financially responsible manner and a project should not jeopardise Batucada’s financial well-being. The proposal should include (brief bullet points are fine):
- Background to project
- Summary of project and deliverables promised/expected
- How this project will benefit Wellington Batucada
- Detailed budget. This should include timelines and amounts for expenses and possible revenue and include specific details of any funds going to pay for services of Batucada members (for transparency).
- Timelines for delivery
Proposals are considered quarterly (first Sunday of Dec, March, June and Sept). None were presented in December. The second round of proposals is due by 6 pm Thursday 4th March. Please send to Phill at email@example.com.
OTHER BATUCADA STUFF
The last Committee minutes are available – email firstname.lastname@example.org with MINUTES in the subject line if you want a copy.