It’s time for our beginners to join the band!
Wellington Batucada relies on membership fees to cover many of our ongoing costs such as instrument purchases and rehearsal hall hire costs – your annual $35 membership fee is what keeps us going (well, that and the bowls of chips at the Southern Cross every Sunday!).
Please complete the form and and pay your fees as soon as you can.
Membership benefits include:
- The use of the Wellington Batucada practice venue
- The use of Wellington Batucada owned instruments
- Receiving the weekly Wellington Batucada BATMAIL
- Getting your hands on the Batucada patterns PDF so you can practice at home
- Ongoing access to the members-only section of the website
And, you need to be a member of Wellington Batucada to:
- Attend Batucada band practice
- Perform at gigs once you’ve been signed-off
- Attend the AGM
- Vote on Wellington Batucada matters and for the committee
Please note that there are two check boxes on the form to indicate whether or not you want to be part of the performance group for the coming year. If you’re a beginner, you’re definitely not ready to tick these yet – but sometime next year, you most definitely could be!
Band members fill these in once they are completely confident in their ability to perform, as indicated – and have been signed-off by either Tim or Darryn.
Remember – you need to have attended at least four out of the six beginners’ sessions in order to become a member of the band. (In special circumstances, such as if you already play in another samba band or have attended previous Batucada beginners’ courses we may be able to be a bit flexible about this. Check with one of our directors if you’re unsure.)
Paying your membership fee
Once you’ve submitted this form, please make sure you pay your $35 membership fee online:
Please make a deposit into the Wellington Batucada bank account:
Account no. 38-9012-0348830-00
Please put your name and “Membership” in the payment detail fields
Thank you for supporting Wellington Batucada.