Huge Samba Jam
As you may know, members of Wellington Batucada will be joined by sambaistas from all over the country this Anzac Day long weekend, to take part in a 4-day samba immersion workshop with international tutors Leon Patel and Adriana Rosso. It’s called Sambanui, and it’s gonna be a blast!
On Sunday 28 April, as a culmination of our four days of non-stop drumming, we’ll be holding a huge Samba Jam featuring Wellington Batucada, joined by our fellow drummers and dancers from all over New Zealand.
We will be gathering in the Dowse Square to showcase our new material. Come on down for a boogie!
Where: Dowse Museum, Dowse Square, Laings Road, Lower Hutt.
When: Sunday 28 April 2013, 3.30pm
Hi again everyone
I can’t believe that it’s now only FIVE (5) more sleeps until our wonderful and much anticipated Sambanui weekend!!!!
This is to remind you that today is the last day for paying your registration fee of $150 directly into the Wellington Batucada Kiwibank account, 38-9012-0348830-00.
If you are from out of town and need a ride from the airport to the venue please let me know by Monday 22 April, and include your flight arrival time.
If you are from Wellington and can help with getting visiting Sambistas out to Wainui, please let me know, again by Monday 22 April. Also, Batucadaites – please don’t forget to bring your own drum with you. As we will need as many timbaus, surdos, repiniques as possible – if you aren’t coming and are happy to lend your drum for the weekend this would be very much appreciated.
You’ll need to bring:
- Sleeping bag, and blankie or duvet if you feel the cold, pillow, hot water bottle.
- Earplugs, drum(s)
- Towel and toiletries etc
- Warm clothes, coat etc (it does get cold at night!), gumboots and umbrella in case it rains.
- Camp chairs for sitting around the fires
- Food for all meals (except for Friday night when WB is shouting everyone pizzas), beverages (including hot drinks), bowls and cups (there is plenty of cutlery, dinner plates and pots and pans there). There is a supermarket only 10 minutes away for stocking and restocking up over the weekend
- Guitar, ukuleles and other instruments and music song sheets if you have spares to share for singing around the camp fires
To refresh your memory about information about the weekend including the workshop times for each day please go to our Sambanui page.
Finally, we will be giving our public performance at the Dowse Museum in Lower Hutt, at 3.30pm on Sunday 28 April.
See you all out there next week!!!
To view the contents of this post, you must be logged-in as a member.